Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Some Fun Around Town

We recently took a field trip to a local friend's vivero (nursery) and farm. She has over 150 chickens, tons of plants and lots of land to walk around on. When she moved here about 5 years ago, she said there wasn't anything on the land. Now, it's covered with beautiful plants and she knows the name and story of each one it seems like! It was a lot of fun being with other homeschool families in the area and learning about what we can grow around here (anything!). We also go to take home some starter plants from some of hers - we are hoping to have some new plants spring forth soon!

I was able to go walking in our neighborhood after visiting her land and see that we have some wild orchids growing! So I pulled some off of a fallen branch and moved them to where I can see them better. We have a lot of different plants in the neighborhood like lemon trees, rainbow eucalyptus, eucalyptus, blackberries, orange trees, fruit we can't identify, pine trees, banana plants, cacti and tons of bamboo.

We also had fun at a birthday party at the only roller skating rink in all of Panama recently. It's located in Boquete and it was a fun time. I convinced two of the three kids I took to give skating a try and they were pretty good. Some good fun with friends! There are a lot of fun places in the area to have a birthday party. Hopefully we will get to check out some of them in the future - a trampoline place, swimming pool park, beach and other places.
Today, we're awaiting the arrival of our first visitors. Nana and Pop are on their way to visit! We will have 9 days of fun with them - we have made a plan of some stuff to do! Should be a fun time and I hope the enjoy seeing the sites!


We have also had some other not-so-human visitors recently. This amazingly huge Tarantula that lives up the hill. We have also had a lot of hummingbirds! They love the hummingbird feeder I brought. We refill it about every 5 days! So pretty - an orange tail and green body.

Ben got his motorcycle back after the last post and I've been doing some driving since then! It's not so bad...even though I've only driven in David once! Driving in Volcan isn't bad though! And...we finally have fully functioning internet in our house! Big news!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm why am I not surprised at your two roller skaters! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete

Meet Akihiro!!

We set out the other day with a big surprise for our kids. No one knew what we were doing. It was TOP SECRET . We had been looking on...