We had to take a trip to Panama City in August to get our cedulas done for the government. And to get our license plate transferred to our province. As you can see, the car was packed and everyone was pretty excited...especially the driver! Ha.
One thing I LOVE about Panama City is all of the American places to eat. I had a list of a few fast food places I wanted to make sure to hit. One was Taco Bell which may sound crazy to most of you, but getting (sort of) real Tex-Mex here doesn't happen. They had a Double Decker Taco - my favorite!!We went to a huge mall called Allbrook Mall. It is supposedly the largest one in all of Central America. The kids all got to ride on the carousel and had a fun time playing around here and eating a yummy lunch (I think they had Dominos and Ben and I had a burrito like Chipotle).
Then time to get our cedulas taken care of. We met the lawyer's helper at this cool building and started the process. It took a few hours, but we kept everyone busy and entertained.
It was great to see they had a small kid area with books and magazines as well as some pages to color. It was nice because it was in the air conditioning. Panama City is pretty warm compared to what we are used to!
We also found a random turnstile to play with for a little while to burn off some energy.
Here we are with a big Panama flag.
Then another trip to the mall. It had this huge Godzilla thing which the kids had fun playing around.
Another mall had the Lego store, which was a big hit, although the prices were insanely expensive. I'm glad we brought a million pieces with us. Or maybe it just feels like a million pieces since I find them ALL OVER the house.
We also got to hang out at Chuck E. Cheese's for a little while one afternoon. It also cost a little more than one in the States, but it was still a lot of fun for the kids.
Of course we had to spend quite a while figuring out what prizes we needed.
Then, another thing we had to accomplish was getting our license plate taken care of. We needed to transfer it from Panama City (where we bought it) to a province near our house. It involved a whole lot of Spanish, so I was pretty excited when we were able to accomplish this goal...well at least this step. Thankfully I checked with our friend before leaving. We almost left Panama City without picking up the new license plate. We were driving out of the city when I asked her if they would mail it or what and she said we should have picked it up. We had to turn around and go back. Thankfully they were open and the plate was waiting for me!!
We stopped by the beach on the way back. This is a really nice beach outside of Panama City.
The kids had fun playing with a crab that Daddy found. They love playing at the beach. It never is long enough!
They could stay here all day long!
Panama City is a fun place to visit. There is a lot to do and a lot of places to eat. We like going there, but it is so nice when we can return home, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment