Sunday, October 1, 2017

Knocking Down The Wall at the House on the Hill

We have always had this plan to move into the house on the hill. We were hoping to be in there about 6 months after arriving in Panama, but more about that later. There were a few construction needs in the house and Ben had a few changes that we wanted to make. One major change was moving the kitchen from the lower level up to the glassed in room. It would be a lovely view while cooking, that's for sure! One major improvement he wanted to do was tear out a wall that was pretty unnecessary. I figured it wouldn't be that bad. I mean, how hard could it be to tear out a concrete wall? Yikes!! It was a lot of work - those things are pretty sturdy!! So, that's exactly what he did (with some help from others). We all got in on the action and took down that wall! It really opened things up in the house (more about that later).
 This is what the wall looked like before. Sadly, it's the only picture I have of it. On the other side of the wall is another set of stairs leading up into the glassed in room. D is at a door that leads into the kitchen.
 I didn't get a good picture of the first bit of the wall coming down either! I wasn't super involved at the beginning!

 Lots of concrete to shovel out. Everyone got involved! You can see M in the background putting on a hard hat. The two sets of stairs are visible here. We now only have one doorway and one set of stairs. You're going to be amazed at how this looks now!!
 Bye bye blue second set of stairs!! This is after the paid crew moved in to help move things along!
 Seriously, it was a total mess. Concrete dust was ALL OVER everything!! Everything!!
 There goes the second doorway. This is where the refrigerator will eventually go in the glassed in room where I am standing to take the picture.
Wow! Don't the new stairs look so nice?? I did not take a pic of the completed wall, so I'll have to save that for next time. 

I am so sorry I have been so behind on posting on the blog lately. Things have been crazy around here lately for the last few months, but maybe they'll be slowing down soon...yeah right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet Akihiro!!

We set out the other day with a big surprise for our kids. No one knew what we were doing. It was TOP SECRET . We had been looking on...